Wind River advances IIoT with secure device lifecycle management
Industrial IoT can only generate value for customers if connected devices are actively monitored and managed. To ensure these devices are secure, operational, and performing at the highest possible level, device management should be designed in as part of an IoT system architecture from the start, as it is a key IoT enabler and critically important component in IoT deployments today.
According to IDC, 85% of existing embedded industrial devices are not presently connected. With only a small fraction of the market currently benefiting from IIoT, there is a significant amount of work to be done across the ecosystem to advance IIoT. Many of these devices have been in service for a long time, and were not designed to support IoT, so connecting these legacy devices will present new attack surfaces that compromise a company’s security and privacy. With that in mind, Wind River introduced the latest version of our secure device lifecycle management platform, Wind River Helix Device Cloud, with the following new features and capabilities:
- Enhanced Security: Zero touch onboarding for instantly-connected, manageable, hardened devices with Intel technology
- Enhanced Device Management Capabilities: Remote monitoring, software over-the-air/firmware over-the-air updates, alerts, rules, update campaigns, data management and monitoring leveraging foundational IoT technology from Telit
- Flexible Deployment Options: Support for public, private and hybrid cloud deployments, as well as expanded regional public cloud hosting options
- Broad OS Support: Ease of connecting devices utilizing a new Python Agent that simplifies managing a large range of intelligent gateways and devices running different operating systems
- Expanded set of APIs to simplify contextualizing device data and device applications with business processes and business systems
Device Cloud is also integrated with the recently launched Intel Secure Device Onboard. By combining Device Cloud with Intel SDO, device manufacturers have the pre-built tools necessary for automated device onboarding, management, connectivity, and security at scale. This includes zero touch onboarding, designed to mitigate the risk of security attacks to a device, ensure privacy, and deliver automation that dramatically reduces installation and onboarding time to seconds.
Latest News from Wind River (Germany)
|Wind River advances IIoT with secure device lifecycle management|